This site is under construction.










Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Honda Guy

JEAN SAID:

"Opportunity knocks!" or so the guy on the TV Honda commercial states. Then we hear him knocking on a car window. I've been asking You to show me where & how to serve You by serving others. I've been asking You to show me exactly what You want me to write & submit for publication. This week a lot of opportunities have knocked on my door.

I was given opportunities to serve in three different capacities at church. Teaching one-year-olds twice each month, leading a Wednesday morning women's Bible study group, & mentoring a group of 6-7 young moms who are members of M.O.P.S.

Two writing opportunities tapped on my window, too. A brand new writer asked for my help in getting started. And, an invitation to submit a manuscript (which is only half finished at this time) to an agent came my way, also. Thank You, Father, for this kick in the seat of my pants. I need to punch that manuscript up to the top of my priority ladder, don't I?

Now, I'm in a dither trying to decide which opportunities You want me to accept. I'd like to do them all. But, You & I know I can't do that & stay sane. I need some direction, Father. I need a great big flashing neon sign that says "Enter Here!"

GOD SAID:

Sorry. I'm fresh out of flashing neon signs. You're going to have to listen extra hard for My whispers in your head & your heart on this one. Sift your options through that priority filter that you & I devised a few years ago. Remember that? Make your decisions based on the priorities we agreed on instead of on your emotions or desires.

That works for Me every time.