This site is under construction.










Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Breath of Fresh Air

JEAN SAID:

I just read Romans 8:1-2, Lord. I had to stop, exhale, & read it several times over. "There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."

It's like coming out of a room filled with the stench of death into a wide, open field alive with the fragrance of clean air & flowers. When I take that thought in I can breathe again. I can breathe deeply the sweetness of Your truth. There is NO condemnation for me because I have been set free by Jesus.

Yesterday a Christian friend & I had a long conversation on the phone. Right now she's stifling in a place heavy with the stench of death. She's surrounded by decay & struggling to breathe spiritually. She's wrestling with a decision that will change the rest of her life. She cried out, "I don't want God to hate me because I get a divorce!"

I cried with her. "You can never do anything to make God hate you," I said. "You're His child. You have Christ in your life. God won't hate you no matter what you do. He loves you. You're His precious child!"

How exhausting - to live your life under constant fear that God will hate you. Or that God won't forgive you. Or that you might do something that puts you on God's wrong side.

Lord, help my friend to inhale deeply of Your truth in Your Word. Help her to assimilate the oxygen of Your forgiveness into every cell of her spiritual & emotional being. Help her to stay alive by breathing deeply of Your love for her. Help her to make life decisions based on that. Not on guilt, fear, or emotional exhaustion.

GOD SAID:

That spirit of fear - fear of rejection - isn't from Me. As usual, Satan has taken something I put into My creation for your protection (fear) & perverted it to accuse & destroy. He has enslaved your friend to fear. It breaks My heart to see My children so broken. She's My precious Little One, too. I long to heal her heart. To ease her fears. To mend the broken pieces of her life.