This site is under construction.










Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Love Deeply

JEAN SAID:

This has been a busy week for me; lots of tasks to accomplish and still more on the agenda. I'm in the catching up mode & I don't like it. Lord, help me to focus on one task at a time & trust You to enable me to accomplish all that You have planned for this week.

I'm still reading Michael Card's book A Fragile Stone - almost finished. He notes that in 1st Peter 3:8-9 Peter gives the persecuted First Century Christians & us five simple commands to live by: live in harmony, be sympathetic, love deeply, be compassionate & humble, bless those who do us evil. This is Peter's description of living out our faith. Simple, but not easy.

Live in harmony with others in my life. Am I making a habit of doing that, Lord? Or am I constantly seeking my own welfare, my own will, my own agenda?

Be sympathetic. Before I open my big mouth am I sympathizing with others? Am I considering what they might be feeling or reacting to BEFORE I speak or act?

Love deeply. I keep having to learn this lesson over & over again. Love. Everyone. Deeply. Just how deep does my love for the unlovely go?

Be compassionate & humble. Am I sliding into other people's sandals before I give them a piece of my mind?

Bless those who do me evil. Whoa! Bless the people who deliberately hurt me? Ouch! Do good to those who intentionally harm me? Wait a minute, Lord. Pray for and help those who want to destroy me?

Does this have something to do with the loving deeply part?

GOD SAID:

You got it, Little One. Meditate on that for a while.