This site is under construction.










Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Grandparent Parents

JEAN SAID:

We're visiting with our D. & his family this week. Such a privilege we have, to be able to travel to their home. For a few days we get to enjoy being MeMe & Papa to C. & O. & J. I can't begin to describe how much I love them, Lord. I am thrilled to know that You love them even more than I do.

I'm sitting here listening to the morning chatter and I'm reminded of several of my friends and relatives who are full-time grandparents/parents. I get to "enjoy" my grandchildren. But I'm thinking of friends & family members who have full responsibility for raising their grandchildren. I bring those people to your throne today, God.

They're tired - all the time. They push their bodies to keep up with the schedules & activities of children 50- 60 years younger than they. They're emotionally drained. They dig deeper than they ever thought they could to meet the emotional needs of children who have been rejected by, or removed from their parents, or snatched away from them because of death. These grandparents are scrambling financially to feed, clothe, educate, & entertain a second generation of children. They're worried about the future for themselves as they age, & for those grandchildren. Every day they live with the thought, "If something happens to me, what will happen to them?"

Lord, give those courageous, strong, loving grandparents grace to do this unexpected job well. Give them rest for their bodies, their emotions, their spirits. Give them courage & determination to discipline & teach this new generation of children. Provide for them financially & help them to invest their trust in You for meeting their needs.

GOD SAID:

I will. Because I AM. I am all that they need. When they fall into their beds at night exhausted, I'll be there to tuck them in tight.