This site is under construction.










Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Field Trip

JEAN SAID:

I'm going on a little "field trip" tonight, God. I'm supposed to spend the night riding with a police officer in a district that is impoverished and has a high crime rate. Okay, I see You laughing at me, Lord. I know - me, of all people. Me, who has lived a safe, protected life tucked into middle class suburban America. Me, who will, no doubt, probably witness things I've never seen nor heard before. Things that might disgust me or shock my senses.

How many times have I prayed for You to open my eyes to the needs of people around me, Lord? How many times have I asked You to show me whom to help and how to help them? Will you do that tonight, God? Will You show me needs I've never seen, nor heard of, nor imagined before?

GOD SAID:

Yes, I will. If you're ready, I'm ready. Open your eyes and your ears. And while you're at it, open your heart, too. This should be a very interesting night indeed.