This site is under construction.










Thursday, July 3, 2008

A Bigger Closet

JEAN SAID:

Thank You, Lord, for giving us such plenty. I stand in my walk-in closet that is packed with clothes and stare at the shirts, blouses, skirts, pants, suits, & dresses that don't quite fit me anymore. I make excuses to myself about getting older, and hormonal changes. I tell myself it's because I don't exercise enough because of my fibromyalgia and my schedule.

The truth is, I can't wear most of those clothes because I eat too much and do too little. I live in a place where almost everyone is either on a weight loss diet, thinking about being on a weight loss diet, just coming off of a weight loss diet, or has given up on weight loss diets. By Your providence I live in one of the few places on earth where most of us are trying to eat less. In most of the countries of the world people are perpetually hungry and trying to eat more.

Help me, Lord, to look at my closet with gratitude. Help me to be a good steward of the abundance You have given me. Help me to give away more than I keep, and to keep only what I can use. Help me to zip and button and tuck with gratitude. Help me not only to keep less, but to need less; to be satisfied with less.

Help me to take each bite of food with gratitude, too. Help me to be a wise steward, not a gluttonous pig who wastes more than I consume, or who consumes more stuff than I need or can even enjoy.

GOD SAID:

Whether you eat or drink, or zip or button, or whatever you do, do it to glorify and please Me. Ask yourself, do you really need a bigger closet? Or do you need a bigger heart?