This site is under construction.










Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Where the Grease Hits the Squeak

JEAN SAID:

Good morning, Lord. It's early and I didn't sleep well last night, so my mind is a little foggy. I'm asking you to permeate my mind and clarify my thoughts as I sit at your feet.

Today I want to thank you for your Holy Spirit. For the work He does in my heart and in my mind. Thank you for His guidance, for His convicting when I sin, for His power to do things I never thought I could do, for His peace and calm He brings to my life.

Yesterday afternoon D.L. and M. were playing in the back yard while I sat in the porch swing watching them. When they climbed up into the swing with me M. begged, "Go high, MeMe. Go high!" So, I gave a push with my feet and that old wooden swing began to croak and groan as we tried to go higher and higher. Shortly, my neighbor brought her little girls over to play.

"I figured the boys were playing outside because I could hear your swing creaking," she said.

So, I dug out the can of WD-40 and squirted all the metal bolts in the places I thought they were rubbing against the wood. When I pushed the swing into motion a few minutes later it was as quiet as a sleeping baby. A few squirts of oil in the right places did the trick.

The incident reminded me that my life sometimes squeaks loudly, too. Negativity, complaints, irritability, and gossip make my presence known when I let my life dry out like the wood in that swing. Unless I allow your Holy Spirit to lubricate my life in all the right places, that is.

Just like the oil made that swing quiet down, your Holy Spirit brings quiet and peace in my life -in my relationship to you, Lord, and in my relationships to others. He's the oil that eliminates the friction that causes the ruckus in my life.

Thank you, Father, that you sent your Son to be my Savior. And thank you, that you've sent your Spirit to walk along beside me in this life. He's my Paraclete - my own personal tutor and guide as I live out my life this side of heaven.

GOD SAID:

I will never leave you all on your own, Little One. I will never forsake you. My Spirit is always close by you - just reach for Him whenever you feel a squeak coming on.