This site is under construction.










Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Tiny Baby Peaches

JEAN SAID:

Remember my little peach tree, Lord? A few weeks ago it was loaded with blossoms. That freeze we had didn't destroy them. I looked yesterday and the tree is covered with tiny green knobby things - the promises of peaches.

But last night we had another freeze warning. So, I dug out a couple of old sheets and some clothes pins to wrap that tree up and protect those baby peaches. I hope it works. J. and I are so looking forward to the first harvest - the first fruits of the money, labor, and love I've poured into that tree.

My efforts might, or might not pay off. We'll have to wait and see, won't we? Kind of like the people you bring into my life. Some of them are fragile - like those little buds of peaches - and you want me to wrap them up in my love and protect them from the elements of life. You want me to warm their hearts and lives with my love. You want me to nurture them along for a while until the danger of frost is over. Or until they are mature enough as Christians to rely on you to wrap them up in your love.

Help me, Lord, to be their blankets. Help me to live my life as an extension of your love, your warmth, your protection for those who need me. Help me to nurture them into maturity.

GOD SAID:

It's a cold, cold world you live in, my baby Christians. Huddle together. Wrap each other up. Let your love for one another keep you warm. Remember what Jesus said, "By this will all men know that you are Christians if you love one another."