This site is under construction.










Monday, March 24, 2008

Laziness

JEAN SAID:

Lord, I feel sluggish this morning. Over the past few weeks I have spent a lot of time sitting in front of my computer. Thinking, planning, writing - those are all good things. But I've done it at the expense of my body. I have seriously neglected my body. I've all but quit my exercise program. I've postponed the work I need to do in my yard, too. Not only are the pounds slowly creeping up on me, but I feel much less flexible and my aches and pains seem to have increased in frequency and intensity the past couple of weeks. I know it's because I've neglected to do what is good for my body. Even my diet reflects that I've gotten lazy.

I repent, Lord. I ask your forgiveness for neglecting your temple. If this body is going to serve you well I need to keep it healthy. That's where good stewardship comes in, isn't it? Keeping your temple strong, well, flexible so it will serve you (and other people) better while it is alive.

One day I'll lay this temple aside and move into my eternal body. But right now, I need to honor and obey you by taking care of this temple.

"Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right, persevering and steadfast spirit within me." Give me the right attitude, Lord, so I quit procrastinating and making excuses for my sin.

GOD SAID:

You're forgiven. Now, where did you put those athletic shoes?