This site is under construction.










Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Pity-Party

JEAN SAID:

Lord, I'm ashamed to say that last night I sat down and had myself a big pity party. You know that I've been working in an area of ministry that's new to me - working hard. And it doesn't appear to be working out as I had planned. And yesterday a few things happened, and well, late last night I just sat here and whined and cried for a while.

How dumb is that?

Why do I do that? Why do I let my emotions get the best of me? You gave me emotions so that I can relate to other people around me, not so that I can wallow in the mud and mire of my own self-pity.

This morning I read Isaiah 43:19 "See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland." I know that truth and I believe it. Last night I let myself temporarily forget it. I'm ashamed of myself. I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?

GOD SAID:

I'm glad you said something about it, Little One, even though I already knew what was in your heart. I wanted to comfort you last night but, you had to work through that one yourself, didn't you? Of course, I forgive you. Don't be disheartened. Wait just a while longer and you'll see the new thing I'm doing will spring up before your eyes like crocuses popping their heads up through the snow.

I gave you My word, didn't I?