This site is under construction.










Monday, February 25, 2008

A Golden Chain

JEAN SAID:

We're going on another short trip today, Lord, to another doctor's appointment for J. I ask you to go before us and open up the road. Keep us safe as we travel. I know, we pray that every time we drive any distance at all. And you've been so kind and gracious to protect us every time. Thank you.

This morning I read a short quote from Lord Alfred Tennyson: "More things are wrought by prayer Than this world dreams of." I believe it, God. I think that one of the questions I might ask you in heaven is to show me all the things you protected me from because someone prayed for me. The accidents, the illnesses, the bad relationships, the wrong choices that I could have suffered except that somebody prayed for me and you answered that prayer.

Tennyson said the world is wrapped around by this golden chain of prayer which is bound to your feet. A golden chain of prayer. Link by link we pray.

Help me to follow the promptings in my heart to pray for other people. When I sense they have a need - stop and pray. When their name or face comes to my mind - stop and pray. When I read about them or hear someone else's concern for them - stop and pray.

Thank you for the people who pray for me. For those who prayed for me when I was young, when I was a child. Even before I was conceived I suspect someone prayed for me. Help me to keep the golden chain strong. I don't want to be the weak link in the golden chain of prayer.

GOD SAID:

I'm listening. To a million voices at once calling out a million names and needs. I'm listening and understanding and answering in a complex woven way you cannot begin to comprehend - a way that breeches time and geography. It is prayer that binds our hearts - yours to theirs and yours to mine. So, pray.