This site is under construction.










Tuesday, January 15, 2008

The Little Ones

JEAN SAID:
Dear God,

I'm not sure why - I think maybe your Holy Spirit is branding something into my heart - but a piece on the TV news yesterday has gripped me and won't let go. A man murdered his four little children (ages 4 mos to 4 yrs) by throwing them off a bridge.

I can't get that image out of my mind. I can visualize every sight and hear every sound of what might have happened to those four little people in those moments. My heart is breaking because their lives were cruelly and mercilessly destroyed. I cannot wrap my mind around it or comprehend how a human being could do such a horrendous thing to his own children.

I am mourning for those four babies, Lord, as if they were my own. Peace comes to my heart only when I remind myself that those children are now in the arms of Jesus. If I make myself picture the four of them on your lap, cradled in your arms, I feel some comfort.

I don't believe in accidents and coincidences in my life, Lord. I believe that you generate or allow things to come into my life. I believe it is no coincidence that this event has so touched me at this particular time. Next Sunday is Sanctity of Life Day. The anniversary of the Roe vs. Wade decision in the Supreme Court. The decision that has led to the merciless slaughter of so many babies in America. They, too, are being killed by people who are supposed to love and protect them.

God, I can't be complacent about those four children on that bridge. I can't. My heart won't let me. Help me not to grow complacent about abortion either. Help me to invest myself in rescuing the innocents. In helping their mothers see the value in those tiny lives. In helping their mothers decide to rescue their own children. In assisting those moms who decide to give their unborn children life. In taking care of those children as they grow.

God, forgive me if I ever get this image out of my mind. Forgive me if I ever get lazy or complacent about rescuing the children.

GOD SAID:
Don't mourn as if there is no hope, Little One. Those babies are safe now. No one else is going to hurt them anymore. They are with me and I'm taking good care of them. You try to take care of the ones that are still on the earth and you'll do well. Take comfort in both of these things.