This site is under construction.










Tuesday, January 1, 2008

It's 2008

JEAN SAID:
It's 2008. A new year. A new day. A new beginning. Last year was a "good" year for us, Lord. We didn't lose our home. No one in my immediate family died or suffered a debilitating illness. Our church building still stands and we are still free to worship and to come and go as we please. I made new friends and maintained contact with old ones. I learned new things about writing. And I learned new things about myself - some good and some kind of scary. Thank you.

But that old year is gone. The new year has come. Thank you for a new opportunity, a new beginning. Lord, I pray you'll make this a spiritually prosperous new year for us.

I pray we'll trust you more easily and more faithfully than we did last year.

I pray we'll tell others, both those who are dear to us, and those who are new to us, about Jesus more freely than we did last year. I pray He'll naturally be part of every conversation.

I pray we'll empty ourselves out and be filled with Jesus so that we run over like a fountain more freely than we did last year.

I pray we'll live so that our lives are open books - transparent demonstrations of your power and love - cleaner, purer, more transparent than we were last year.

I pray we'll listen more and babble less than we did last year.

I pray we'll reach out farther and more often than we did last year.

I pray we'll forgive sooner and more easily than we did last year.

I pray we'll think less often of ourselves and more often of others than we did last year.

I pray we'll live so that our every thought will be a prayer - an ongoing conversation with you, Jesus.

I pray that we'll stumble less often, and recognize and repent of our own sins more quickly than we did last year.

GOD SAID:
Those who hunger and thirst for righteousness in their lives will be filled. Those who ask Me will receive. Those who seek Me will find Me. Those who knock on My door will see it flung wide open for them. Come on in and set a spell.