This site is under construction.










Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Gift of Good Health

JEAN SAID:
Today J. has an appointment with a surgeon about the pain in his legs. Lord, I pray we can find a treatment that will relieve the problems. J. has so many health issues to deal with. Having good health is indeed a gift.

I had my annual physical yesterday. Dr. says everything seems to be working well. Thank you for the gift of a healthy body, Lord. Help me to use this vessel - this jar of clay - for your glory on this earth.

I remember a song from many years ago. It says:

My hands were made to help my neighbor.
My eyes were made to read God's Word.
My feet were made to walk in His footsteps.
My body is the temple of the Lord.
Yes, I was born to serve the Lord.

For as long as I have good health, Lord, help me to use it to serve you by serving others. And when my turn comes to pass through health problems let me do it graciously. Let me do it sweetly still trusting you to know what's best for me. Please let me continue to serve you with a cracked or broken vessel as well as with a healthy one.

GOD SAID:
Look around you. You can see dozens of people, including J., who are struggling with broken bodies yet they keep on serving me. Follow their examples. BTW - They can keep serving sweetly because they spend a lot of time alone at my feet. Tuck that away in your heart so you'll have it when you need it.